Friday, December 16, 2011

Good Deal Friday! New Saddles and Helmets!

So as I mentioned before, once a week (or more if I feel like it), I will post some note-worthy deals that I find.  I decided to go with Friday because everyone loves Fridays and this will hopefully make Fridays even better for you all!

So this week, since its my first week... I'm presenting to you my top THREE favorite places to purchase new saddles (english, since thats how I roll) on-line at consistently low prices!

1)  www.saddlesource.com which is actually Rick's Saddle Shop (or Rick's Heritage Saddlery).  If you click on the "used saddles" link... hidden in there are a whole bunch of brand new saddles labeled as "Like New"  that just means that they have been sitting in the shop too long and *may* have shop wear.  But they are all still brand new.  See that lovely saddle pictured above this entry?  It was a brand new Pessoa Legacy XL, covered in super soft and grippy calfskin leather that I purchased from Rick's "used saddle" section.  The model was discontinued so Rick's put it on clearance and I got it for an insanely good price.  How about a brand new Barnsby Esprit for less than $1k?   good luck finding a deal like that anywhere else...

Oh and just for good measure another picture of my beautiful saddle (ignore the cat toys... please)  I'm a little saddle obsessed, but its too pretty not to share :)
Thanks again Rick's for my beautiful saddle that I love so much!!!

2)  Classic Saddlery usually has a pretty good selection of extremely well discounted, quality saddles.  Marcel Toulouse saddles have become extremely popular because of the SUPER grippy leather and the wide variety of styles they offer at affordable prices.  Classic Saddlery seems to have amassed a good portion of the overproduced or discontinued Toulouse saddles and are offering them at really decent prices (not that they weren't already decently priced for the quality).  The also have other brands of saddles in there so be sure to check them out, they might have what you have been looking for.

3) Atlanta saddlery has some really high quality saddles at some decent prices; Amerigo, Beval, Courbette, ADT, Prestige... just to name a few.  They usually have pretty good deals, and occasionally have SUPER good deals, so I like to keep my eye on the page to see if they update it with anything new.  I trialed a saddle from them and they were super reasonable in their shipping prices and allowed me to extend my trial period.  I still wish it had worked out!  I really liked that saddle.  By the way they still have it. This is a $2600 semi-custom saddle for $1100 folks.


As a bonus... because I fell off jumping yesterday and this gives me an excuse to buy a cute new helmet!  Action Rider Tack has Ovation Deluxe Schooler helmets on sale for $35, which is a darn good deal!  I want the pretty blue one.
...and for the record.  Ovation helmets are seriously the most comfortable helmets ever and do a really good job of keeping your head cool in the summer.

Lets just hope I didn't break anything yesterday so I can actually use my new helmet soon!!!

Hope everyone has a good weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment